Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Vintage Postcard

Vintage beach themed postcard

I will assume, by looking at this site, or this site, that this postcard dates pre-1915.
Too, the stamp called for is one cent.

I enjoy collecting postcards, especially with beach-themed illustrations or photographs.

In other news, I bought wood today to lay my own floor.
I wanted bamboo because it's environmentally friendly, but considering cost, I couldn't find a floating style within my price range.
I didn't want oak, but I settled for red oak because of the price (there was an automatic rebate, so I got $150 off).
Too, it was less expensive because it's a light to medium wood, while the trends today are for cherry or dark woods.
My brother is going to help me install it.
Pics soon!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done with the floor bargain. I tend to go with what I like rather than fashion as fashions change so quickly and I don't want to have to do this floor again! Can you tell I am fed up of being camped out in this house with furniture propped all over the place? We've made more progress though so that is good. The shade will be light oak.

Sorry I couldn't reply sooner- I killed my computer (with my cold according to hubby) so he had to re-build it.

Thanks for the photo frame links- I've not done copper foiling in yonks. I usually do lead windows.

2:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great postcard! I love vintage ones; they are so interesting, especially ones that have been written on.

Can't wait to see how the floor turns out. I'm jealous, though. I'm desperate to do ours.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home