Tuesday, November 04, 2008

An important day for America


I have been rather ho-hum this year about politics.
Really the issue that took me to the polls today was Proposition 2--the humane treatment of farm animals.
Honestly, I can't fathom how animals were EVER allowed to be treated the way factory farms treat animals, all in the name of profit.
It sickens me.

And I do think it's pretty exciting that Barack Obama is like the Tiger Woods of the political arena--igniting a spark in people that might not have previously cared.
I'm an Independent, so I am not swayed by red or blue, only the issue and the solution.
I haven't really been all that hip on Obama, but I'll be damned if I was ever going to vote for a hunter in the VP position.
Again, it boggles my mind that anyone in this day and age of supposed sophistication and intellectual capacity, could support the shooting of wolves from helicopters.
Seriously, may people who can do such things all rot in Hell.
Sorry, but that's how I honestly feel.

Google's image today was pretty awesome
My favorite politically-themed commercial recently was from a plumbing company.
They said something to the effect of, "if your pipes are anything like our politicians...full of crap...call Mike Diamond Plumbing."
I love that.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina E. said...

Oh yeah, that Palin woman had me worried. I just can't believe the number of people who could see her as a future President - and not just because of her attitude toward killing animals. Frightening thought.

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home