Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Wow

Wow, we witnessed history in the making tonight.
An historical moment.

I have never before in my lifetime been drawn to political televised coverage.
I am seeing a resurgence of possibilities, hope, even an innocence once lost.
It's going to be an uphill road, but I pray we're on the right path in this nation.
It's exciting, hopefully unifying, and thrilling.

I have to say I was surprised today that I cast my vote on a piece of paper with a black marker in little bubbles.
No punch cards. No video screens.

Proposition 2 passed also! Thank God.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Pattie - Chicagoland, IL said...

"It's exciting, hopefully unifying, and thrilling."

Yes to all that you say. I am hoping for new beginnings. We need a break, let's hope this is it.

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But Prop. 8 passed also - so we still have a ways to go.

(as for Prop. 2 - yay! Who cares about more expensive eggs - I eat Eggbeaters, anyway!)

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where do you go thrifting?

8:35 PM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

I'm relieved to see that most of my American blogger friends are pleased about Barack Obama. I didn't want to be rude to anyone about their country's politics! According to the polls here, most Aussies are pleased too, including me.

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home